2016 Environmental, Health, and Safety Excellence Awards Program
The 2016 Safety Awards Nominee Due Date Has Been Extended to:
10 March 2017
The purpose of the PCA awards program is to recognize and promote excellence in environmental, health, and safety among member companies. The program is designed to recognize both individual and facility efforts demonstrated to protect the environment, or prevent accidents and illnesses through hazard identification and control.
All PCA member companies qualify to apply for Facility Environmental, Health and Safety Excellence Awards. All employees of PCA member companies qualify to be nominated for Environmental, Health, and Safety Leadership or Employee Excellence Awards. Contracted employees or consultants do not qualify for individual awards. Contracted services contributing to facility efforts may be considered for Facility Environmental, Health and Safety Excellence Awards.
Description of Award Categories:
- Facility Environmental, Health, and Safety Excellence Award – This award recognizes a plant or facility that demonstrates environmental, safety or health excellence and has implemented new prevention programs that protect the environment or identify and control workplace hazards.
- Leadership Excellence Award – This is an individual award intended to recognize a corporate CEO or facility manager (a leader) that demonstrates excellence in leadership skills in order to advance environment, health and safety throughout their organization(s). Since this is an individual award the process involves nomination by peers within the PCA member companies or employees within their organization.
- Employee Excellence Award – This is an individual award intended to recognize an employee that demonstrates excellence in order to advance environment, health or safety throughout their plant organization. Since this is an individual award the process involves nomination by peers within the PCA member companies or employees within their organization.
Award Program Timeline:
- Current to February 28, 2017 – Submission of Application and Nomination forms to PCA. ***EXTENDED TO MARCH 10TH***
- March 1-10, 2017 – Applications and Nominations are reviewed. Award winners are selected.
- March 15, 2017 – Award winners are notified.
- April 19-21, 2017 – Awards presentation during the PCA Spring Meeting in Orlando, FL.
All eligible nomination forms and applications will be reviewed by selected members of the PCA Environment, Health, and Safety Committee. Winners will be selected based on the information submitted in the nomination or application form relative to the criteria for the award. Please include specific detailed descriptions of the actions, efforts, programs or initiatives that demonstrated excellence relative to the award criteria. Any data that helps demonstrate the effectiveness of efforts or initiative will also be considered in the selection process.
Instructions for Participation:
Review the Award Criteria closely and follow the instructions provided on each Award Form. Submit the form to the PCA using the online fillable form or by faxing/emailing the paper form to 404-994-6267 or firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the deadline. Member companies may submit multiple award applications.