To provide a forum for members to collaborate, represent, advocate and educate stakeholders on the importance of a sustainable pine chemicals industry. Stakeholders include producers, suppliers, customers, government agencies and communities.
The PCA Advocacy Committee advocates the following principles:
- Pine chemicals are natural, bio-renewable, low-carbon footprint products.
- Pine tree-derived materials should be used for their highest value (Cascading Principle).
- Market distortions caused by mandates, quotas and incentives should be eliminated and/or prevented.
- Sustainable practices are encouraged throughout the value chain.
and track long term Sustainable goals, which include:
- Sustainability Principles
- Communicate Committee Activities
- Expand Committee Membership
- Establish Sustainability Award(s)
- Continue to Develop Advocacy and Promotional Plans
Members of Committee:
- Hunter Harris (Chairman) - Ingevity
- Alan Phillips- Arboris
- Carla Toth - Symrise
- Nelson Lawson - PCA Support Staff