Get your Safety Awards Nominations in before February 28th!
Monday, January 26, 2015
2014 Environmental, Health and Safety Excellence Awards
The Pine Chemicals Association Spring Meeting is just around the corner and we are preparing for our presentation of the 2015 Safety Excellence Awards.
Last year we radically revised the PCA safety awards to recognize individual and plant safety behavior and culture. We were all extremely impressed with the excellent submissions from our member companies describing the performance of individuals, leaders and the development of plant cultures to provide unique safe working environments. It was a pleasure to give out the awards to some very deserving recipients.
Our program offers as cash award, a jacket and recognition plaque to each winner.
Please go to our website for information on how to prepare submissions to our committee. The deadline for your nominations is February 28, 2015. Nominations are open to all member companies and your nomination can be for an individual, a plant or for a whole company.
Safety behavior is one of the keys to the success of all companies and this recognition of excellence will help in the efforts of your business success.
I look forward to your nominations and to hopefully seeing representatives from your company in Orlando at our Spring Meeting (April 15 to 17).
Charlie Morris, President and COO
2014 Environmental, Health and Safety Excellence Awards Program
The purpose of the PCA awards program is to recognize and promote excellence in environmental, health, and safety among member companies. The program is designed to recognize both individual and facility efforts demonstrated to protect the environment, or prevent accidents and illnesses through hazard identification and control.
All PCA member companies qualify to apply for Facility Environmental, Health and Safety Excellence Awards. All employees of PCA member companies qualify to be nominated for Environmental, Health, and Safety Leadership or Employee Excellence Awards. Contracted employees or consultants do not qualify for individual awards. Contracted services contributing to facility efforts may be considered for Facility Environmental, Health and Safety Excellence Awards.
Description of Award Categories:
- Leadership Excellence Award – This is an individual award intended to recognize a corporate CEO or facility manager (a leader) that demonstrates excellence in leadership skills in order to advance environment, health and safety throughout their organization(s). Since this is an individual award the process involves nomination by peers within the PCA member companies or employees within their organization.
- Employee Excellence Award – This is an individual award intended to recognize an employee that demonstrates excellence in order to advance environment, health or safety throughout their plant organization. Since this is an individual award the process involves nomination by peers within the PCA member companies or employees within their organization.
Award Program Timeline:
- Current to February 28, 2015 – Submission of Application and Nomination forms to PCA.
- March 1-13, 2015 – Applications and Nominations are reviewed. Award winners are selected.
- March 15, 2015 – Award winners are notified.
- April 17, 2015 – Award winners are recognized at the PCA Spring Meeting in Orlando, FL.
All eligible nomination forms and applications will be reviewed by selected members of the PCA Environment, Health, and Safety Committee. Winners will be selected based on the information submitted in the nomination or application form relative to the criteria for the award. Please include specific detailed descriptions of the actions, efforts, programs or initiatives that demonstrated excellence relative to the award criteria. Any data that helps demonstrate the effectiveness of efforts or initiative will also be considered in the selection process.
Instructions for Participation:
Review the Award Criteria closely and follow the instructions provided on each Award Form. Submit the form to the PCA using the online fillable form or by faxing/emailing the paper form to 404-994-6267 or firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the deadline. Member companies may submit multiple award applications.
SUBMIT your nominations now
Employee Excellence Award Nomination form
Leadership Excellence Award Nomination form
Facility Excellence Award Notification form
This email was sent to '@@email@@' from Pine Chemicals Association, Inc.. If you wish to stop receiving email from us, you can simply remove yourself by visiting: @@unsubscribe_url@@