Estimating terpene and terpenoid emissions from conifer oleoresin composition
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
- • A new terpene and terpenoid emission algorithm for conifers was developed.
- • The algorithm is based on the thermodynamics of nonelectrolyte partitioning.
- • Emission rates are related to conifer oleoresin composition.
- •Activity coefficients account for solute–oleoresin interactions.
- •The emission algorithm is a promising approach for developing emission inventories
The following algorithm, which is based on the thermodynamics of nonelectrolyte partitioning, was developed to predict emission rates of terpenes and terpenoids from specific storage sites in conifers:
For more: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1352231015300662