The primary focus of this Committee is to monitor environmental
regulations on a global basis and to proactively respond to regulations that could
negatively impact our industry. This
work includes, at times, substantial investments in developing data to assure regulatory
decisions are based on accurate information.
Additionally, committee members meet with regulatory agencies to educate
them on our industry and our technology.
The committee actively cooperates with regulatory committees of other
associations both in the United States and globally.
Chairman: Conrad Shannon ~Symrise
To provide a forum through which PCA member companies can
monitor, influence and respond to product-related legislative, chemical
management and regulatory issues relevant to the pine chemicals industry.
PROPOSED 2015 GOALS
- Continue to lobby for supportable TSCA reauthorization.
- Follow up petition to remove hydrogenated rosin derivatives from the Candidate Chemicals List.
- Continue to work with ICG and support EC getting correct information on Pine chemical polymers and substances.
- Continue to advocate on the UVCB/Substance Identity issues and publish the PCA Position Paper.
- Complete the Rosin & Derivatives Skin Sensitization White Paper and use to support PCA position with regulatory authorities
- Continue to work with HARRPA on issues impacting the pine chemical industry and utilize this information in global regulatory efforts
- Monitor global regulations for impact on pine chemicals and related materials and advocate accordingly.
Members of Committee:
- Conrad Shannon (Chairman) ~ Symrise
- Fred Gouzoules ~ Ingevity
- Nelson Lawson (PCA Support Staff) ~ Lawson Consulting
- Henry Boswell ~ Resinall Corp
- Sam Turetsky ~ Georgia-Pacific
- Steve Green ~ Eastman Chemical
- Brenda Murray ~ Symrise
- Dustin Melton ~ Arboris
- James Russell ~ PCA Consultant
- Doug McNeal~ Lawter, Inc.
- Sari Salonen ~ Lawter,Inc.
- Philip Ulichney ~ Plasmine Technology
- Mandi Edwards ~ Plasmine Technology
- Jenifer Whittington ~ Arizona Chemical, a Kraton Company
- Ron Thomas - ArrMaz
- Vasilios Fotopoules ~ T and R Chemicals
- Ken Kennedy (Board Member Committee Support) - Symrise
- Increased connectivity with Asia – China Gum Rosin Association
- Collaborations with EU H4R REACH consortium on issues of mutual importance – REACH data sharing & possible polymer registrations
- Continued work with AAI and ACC to lobby for reasonable TSCA reform – Vitter / Udall Senate Bill
- Petitioned California DTSC to remove hydrogenated rosin & derivatives from California Safer Consumer Products Act Candidate Chemicals List (response pending).
- Extensive dialogue with ICG , HC, EC to positively influence outcome of Canada CMP3 – esp. polymers.
- Commissioned a PCA White Paper on the skin sensitization potential of rosin and its derivatives – eta May.
- Drafted White Paper on UVCB Identity Issue.