Environmental, Health & Safety Committee
The Environmental, Health and Safety Committee provides an avenue for Pine Chemical Association members to share approaches to common environmental, safety and health issues. The committee identifies and shares environmental, safety and health information including best practices, lessons learned, and current events for the purpose of reducing risk and advancing accident prevention programs at member operating facilities.
Annual Safety Reporting by Company (Cumulative Company Totals only- not by individual facility or plant)
Operational best practices and lessons learned from identifying risks, reducing those risks and advancing incident prevention programs at Member Facilities
Meet your EHS committee members.
Links of interest to the EHS Community.
Guidance Documents, Resources and Tools to assist member companies prevent adverse events.
Health & Safety Awards
The PCA Safety Awards program recognizes and promotes excellence in environmental, health, and safety among member companies.
Regulatory news summaries which may impact the Pine Chemicals industry.
Minutes of committee discussions, conference calls and meetings. (Must be signed in as a member to view)
We provide PCA member companies with information, proven strategies, and collaboration opportunities to advance their safety, health, and environmental systems.
The experience and knowledge of the committee members is a resource to provide tools to assist member companies in preventing adverse events. The EHS Committee strives to allow member companies to better protect their triple bottom line – people, planet, profit.
The committee works continuously to improve EHS knowledge and management techniques to reduce personal and process safety risks. To address this important role, the committee:
- Oversees and administers the EHS Awards Program recognizing facilities, employees and leaders for their continuous improvement efforts.
- Creates Best (Better) Practice documents that are published on the PCA website.
- Provides a forum for members to share knowledge related to changing EHS rules and regulations at committee meetings and information exchanges.
- Encourages professional development and provides a forum for members to improve their knowledge on a variety of topics, such as sharing successes, challenges, and learnings to expand knowledge in the area of chemical process safety and personal safety.
- Defines and collects pertinent EHS data from member companies and disseminates aggregate data for comparative purposes.
Publish two best work practices and review/revise four existing ones.
Cover two continuous improvement topics during teleconferences/meetings.
Collaborate with domestic and international members on their regional needs to increase participation.
Hold quarterly committee teleconferences as needed to discuss current issues and topics. If practical, conduct at least one in-person meeting for networking and relationship building.
Promote the Injury/Illness reporting and support innovative PCA excellence recognition programs.
Foster an open agenda to allow collaboration with each members’ successes and challenges.